Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hopefully Kelly Amonte Hiller follows this...

After beating down chemo and surviving the party last week, it is back to lacrosse. I have had three great workouts and get back in the cage tomorrow morning.

Last night was the first session of the Little Laxers Lacrosse Camp that Brogann and I are running in Pennington. It was amazing. We had 50 boys and girls between the ages of two and seven on the field for an introduction to the sport. It was the first time that most of the campers had worn a helmet or goggles. The kids were awesome and I'm looking forward to getting back out there next Tuesday.

I really enjoyed working with kids again. Prior to getting sick I was coaching high school in the spring, running a club program and operating a bunch of camps through the summer and fall. With the uncertain nature of my cancer and my physical limitations, coaching was no longer an option. Believe me, I was gassed last night when we finally got our "Little Laxers" to bed, but it was well worth it.

A special thanks to Phil and Tim for helping out last night. Tim McGeeny was an All-American goalie at Loyola back in the 70's and lives down the street. He claims he played goal with a wooden stick...

Clementine, the only two year old lasted about 20 minutes. Stevie made it through the duration. Based on Brogann's initial assessment we can't be certain they will be players...but they looked really cute!

Stevie & Clementine

No comments:

Post a Comment